cross-stitch designer, EMT, quilter, gardener,mother of 2 and a weiner dog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Caramel layered Rice Krispies Treats

Thought I would share a favorite recipe with everyone.
My kids loved this treat growing up, and my 24 year old son (Benjamin) just asked if I would make them for him, and of course we aim to please our kids! I think it was more a treat for me to make them for him ! :) So I thought I would share them with you! Hope you enjoy!











Caramel layered Rice Krispies Treats
First Layer:
1/4 cup of butter  
4 cups mini marshmallows
4 cups Rice Krispies
Melt together the butter and mini marshmallows. When melted stir in the Rice Krispies.
Pour into a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Put into the frig for 20 minutes.

Second layer:
1 (14 oz) package of Caramels
3/4 cup butter
1(14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Melt the above together and pour over the Rice Krispies, and refrig for 40 minutes

Third Layer:
1/4 cup of butter  
4 cups mini marshmallows
4 cups Rice Krispies
Melt together the butter and mini marshmallows. When melted stir in the Rice Krispies.
Pour over the caramel layer. Store in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment